Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Ha ha
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #32
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I run the Paceandcap.com website. Mike, perhaps you are speaking ironically, but I think many people will not get that. Our Code of Conduct dos not permit such language, just like here, nor disrespecting or attacking other members. And no posting copyrighted materials without owners' permission (as I responded to the very same Breeders' Cup advanced PPs issue).

CheckMark should have taken my advice given privately after post #3 in this Thread and apologized for not understanding the rules about links to paid advertising as a non-advertiser, then CLOSED this thread. Then concentrate on simply learning his craft - from whatever sources - and post selections to gain a reputation. Rather than engaging in a social media spat with adults.

I still think that's the best advice, and I'll reiterate it when we meet at Woodbine later this month.

Meanwhile, I seem to recall another 16 year old kid - almost 50 years ago - who similarly did not often listen to advice from his elders, maybe because he thought he was smarter (he was in some ways but NOT in many others). After the passing of a few more years, it's surprising how much those elders seemed to have learned ... CheckMark will make the mistakes of youth and pay the prices - is paying now. This is normal, if irritating. Time to calm down IMO and get on with business, and life.

Ted
You guys are touchy over there at P&C....

I thought it was pretty obvious that I was being sarcastic...and then I actually posted that I was being sarcastic...so yeah, I was being sarcastic.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)