Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Stupid Pools
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #45
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
TUES 12-19-2017: Starting with R1, I noticed a few subtle changes in the surface. vs. Monday's card and the past several cards leading up to Monday's card - which, imo, Mark did a great job of describing in post #43.

For most of Tuesday's card: I thought the rail along the far turn was still a bit deep and tiring - but not quite to the same degree as that seen during the past several race dates. I also thought horses who found themselves along the rail from the top of the strech on seemed to be getting over the surface ok (unlike the past several race dates.)

WED 12-19-2017: Imo, starting with R1, more/continuing subtle changes.

For most of Wednesday's card: I thought the rail along the far turn had become ok (unlike the past several race cards.) I also thought horses hung out wide on the far turn were actually paying a price (unlike the past several race cards.) And I thought horses who found themselves along the rail from the top of the stretch on seemed to be getting over the surface ok - perhaps a little better than they had on Tuesday's card. (Imo, a complete 180 compared to the past several race cards leading up to Tuesday's card.)

Looking ahead, right now as I type this, 50% chance of rain predicted for Fri (80% for Sat.)

Imo, some not so subtle changes for the surface between now and Saturday.

-jp

Very sharp post. Some of the players at mnr's simulcast facility who consult me on mvr bias reacted with skepticism Tuesday when I observed that the strip was changing.

In my opinion, that transformation-inner paths on the far turn and getting the early lead were no longer sure death-was more discernable today.

Unlike my home track, Mvr is a track prone to complex (and almost self-contradictory) biases.

I'll be guesting Dec 30 for host Matt Hook at Mahoning's Saturday morning seminar. It's in the grandstand at 11AM.

Great to see you weigh in, Jeff. Merry xmas!!
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement