Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:40 PM   #42
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Whenever I hear someone state that something horserace-related has "nothing to do with class"...I always find myself on the opposite side of the argument. And this is after a lifetime of using speed and pace figures.
I haven't heard anyone in this thread say that "horse racing has nothing to do with class'", nor have I myself ever made such a statement, so there is no argument here to be on an opposite side of in that statement. I would never say that class should be totally eliminated from one's handicapping as if it had nothing to do with racing. What I did point out is that under certain circumstances, the collective evidence of other major factors can overcome a traditional notion of class.

What I believe cj was saying that in certain cases, such as statebred racing, the class difference between Finger Lakes and Belmont is not as great as many people with traditional mind sets believe and Finger Lakes horses should be evaluated on all factors when they come to Belmo and not just eliminated on the basis of class.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)