Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Cigar Mile
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 09:51 AM   #23
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Yes, the others are on breaks. I would hope NYRA would take a look at placing it somewhere other than a month after the Breeders Cup. Possibly before as a prep for the Breeders Cup dirt mile or maybe put the Carter in it's place and move the Cigar mile to April. It's a shame that a grade 1 for $750k gets this type of field. I know NYRA had trouble with small fields for grade 1's in the summer but at least you had grade 1 horses running in those. I don't think you can say the same with this field.
You shouldn't make a calendar switch because of one "off" year. Since the NYRA Mile was switched to late November (it used to be 2 weeks before the BC) it has routinely drawn good fields that often include multiple runners that wheeled back from the BC.

By the way, what your implying is an off year nevertheless consists of 4 Grade 1 winners out of 6 starters.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)