Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 06:42 PM   #53
bisket

The tickets were sold out in May. I got 2 on Stub Hub in August for trackside general admission and had to pay 300$ for each ticket. Lol I'm a union construction worker and the job I was on had some issues and laid everyone off. I tried to unload my tickets and ended up selling them a week before the event for the gate price. I just think it was a lot of corporate and Hollywood types that bought tickets, but didn't go. I have a few friends in California racing and I really wanted to make the trip. I like to surf and the beach and the track was something I was looking forward too. I like the Cup because I don't have to deal with the crowds. I'm a Baltimore boy and the tracks in California are excellent venues. Lol worst part is my business agent called with a job last Thursday. Ha Ha I wish I went through with the trip. I was at Santa Anita in 2013 and surfed San Onfre in San Clemente. Tons of fun!! At the Cup I can walk right up to the window and place my bet. That's the way I like it. I can stand in the walking ring and watch the runners get saddled. Those are important things to me. I'd rather pay a few hundred bucks to do that, than deal with the crowds at the Preakness.. just saying there's many different ways to look at it.
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most