Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Tax Reform
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #66
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I completely disagree. The bill does a tremendous job of starting the process of simplification and reform. When I read the bill I was surprised at how comprehensive it is. There is a lot of complaining because the bill takes away so many of the goodies that people have taken advantage of for so many years.
I have no problem with you disagreeing with me, of course, but you say this bill is 'starting the process ...' Andy, for 50 + years the GOP has run on a platform of being the party of less, low and a simple tax system. Just like the ObamaCare 'repeal' scam... the GOP simply refuses to get legislation passed on issues that were their core issues for many years.

This bill was done primarily to get the Senate to shoot it down, and by extension, to make Trump look bad. That's what the GOP thinks anyway, that it will be Trump who will look bad. The GOP will be in for a rude awakening come 2018.

How much of 'tax reform' was thought through by the GOP or even 'comprehensive' when they didn't make the tax 'cuts' retroactive? They even had an out loud thought about cutting the amount of deduction after a 401(k) contradiction. Are they kidding?

This goes way beyond the GOP just being stupid.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement