Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSKER55
Boseman area of Montana is nice, easy to fall in love with. Winters are sometime difficult because of the mountain ranges and blowing snow. It takes some adjustment and you will definitely want a 4 wheel drive.

South Dakota is nice and open but I prefered the Eastern side of it

Idaho is really nice. You should really wait till spring and drive from Boseman thru Idaho and down to Denver. DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA!!!

Wyoming, I didn't care for. But that is just me. Lots of people like it and it is pretty during the summer. But it was really open and it seems to me it cost more. Been about 15 years since I was out therre

I liked Colorado. There is much to do and plenty of parks and etc and it was reasonable for rents and etc. People were great!

Take some notes and check out prices and give yourself at least 3 weeks to travel. When I was out there we saw some Mountain sheep and a bear. It was fantastic.

DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA, LENSES AND A BUNCH OF DISKS!!!

have fun and enjoy!
I spent two weeks in MT, ID, WY, ND an SD this summer and there was not a bad spot in the 3,000 miles I traveled. Eastern Idaho, around Rexburg, where you can see the west side of the Tetons, is incredible. And it's only a short drive to Yellowstone NP, the most beautiful place in the US. If you like fly fishing, there is no better place than that area. Whitefish MT, near Glacier National Park, is a wonderful town, and the lake there is gorgeous. I love Wyoming, even the open flat parts of it, but the winters are long and cold. Western South Dakota is special too. When it comes time for me to quit the daily grind, I will make my move West.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)