Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 11:24 AM   #9
burnsy
self medicated

I agree with CJ and Zico. Somehow the horse that wins the Derby always makes the Preakness if they are healthy. The same can’t be said for everyone else. A horse that runs well in the Derby most likely can make the two week turn around. The rivalry that develops during the Triple Crown series used to be part of the story and the “juice”. It’s kind of a revolving door now. The fact is they should be racing more but it’s not working . I agree, it shouldn’t be changed but at the same time it’s easy to see this schedule is not really working out.

Plus, it’s a micro management deal now . Take Caddo River, in the Preakness he’s another contender or possible player. I think he’s aiming for the Matt Winn next where he will most likely be odds on. If you look at his form. He’s definitely a horse that needs some dressing up at this point . The analytics and rest , have negatively affected the Triple Crown series. The emphasis on wins and future breeding deals have lowered the level of competition. These horses are being trained and raced like lightning. A short career path following the least path of resistance. There’s only a few days a year that catches the casual fans eye. The game seems to be fine with it if the handle is there.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)