Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 07:21 PM   #12
wiretowire68

Excellent thread

Great opinions. I know trainers are handicappers as well and it comes with experience, male, female, issues vs getting fit, money in the barn or lack thereof.. Like I said when I began the thread, there are many factors that are at play and obviously, the barn, the owner, the trainer, the money. Like to me the best two claiming trainers in terms of success are Maker, Linda Rice, Broberg etc. To be a great claiming trainer is to understand the look of a horse and its earning potential for the ownership and then the their is the whole business model.. I would venture to say that layoffs are about how to juggle the issue of money, fitness and the amount of patience mixed with experience.

I use to see 30-45 days. Now big difference between high percentage trainers who are not involved the claiming game. However, again, was looking not just about claiming but the whole layoff question which to me in a computer, considering making adjustments for what is considered a Layofff and then a Long Layoff.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.