Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 04:42 PM   #19
racenomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
100% agree.

There's almost not doubt attendance will be up initially because people will be curious to see the new facilities. The only thing that really matters though is the sustainability of any initial boost. Is there enough of a value proposition in terms of cost and environment to get families, couples, new race fans etc... there more often?
One thing I’ll say is it matters very little how much admission costs. Admission is free at fair grounds and $2 at Santa Anita. Lone Star and Canterbury and Emerald admission is at least $10, yet all 3 get more people than FG and the first 2 get as many, if not more than Santa Anita. It costs $15 to see my local Minor league team play.
That said I think they should keep concessions to a reasonable level, to avoid people feeling ripped off. If a family of five spent $50 on admission, lost $30 betting, and spent $25 on concessions, and had a great time, they had a great day for $100, and are likely to come back and become fans. If they felt they were treated poorly, then that’s $100 downs the drain.
It’s all about the experience.

BTW here is the link to the whole renderings: https://franchiseoversightboard.ny.g...entfinal_0.pdf

Last edited by racenomics; 03-06-2024 at 04:44 PM.
racenomics is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)