Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #151
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
There's a couple minutes between the time when he reared up and injured the jockey, where you are in 'limbo'... You don't know if the jock is going to try to be tough, and run what is now essentially a dead entry around the track. You also have basically a whole new betting scenario now. It's the favorite and assuming he is scratched that changes the whole race, in terms of betting and the pace setup.

SRU makes a solid point as well, in that if you had bet against a "false favorite" who is now scratched, you have an altered situation.

The jock was injured and they ended up saying that the horse was slightly injured. Wasn't clear whether that was true or whether the jock was injured and the pools were closed and the horses loaded, so they did the best thing at that point and just scratched the horse. (not making light of either injury)

If it wasn't freezing and snowing, I would have liked to see them back everyone out and give the players 3 minutes to re-wager if needed.

It turned out to be fortunate for my small bet. I got a winner that was 8/5?(can't remember) that would have been likely bet down more had everyone re-adjusted to exclude Marcy.
I would have been livid had i bet against Marcy here...i was just following a lot of other places, and since i never handicap Parx in advance because they rarely ever race, i didn't even know she was racing till i checked the entries there after your post.

There's probably nothing wrong with Marcy other than that she's a head case....but they would have had to find a jock who wanted to ride her...with everyone standing there in the snow and cold, if it was 78 and sunny, they might have waited to get a new jock, but in the elements, the best thing is to just race.

I have to imagine the betting pools would have been bigger had people had a few seconds of time to rebet......not sure why the person who's closing the pools doesn't know Marcy and her antics....if i know it, why don't they?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)