Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #41
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
He is playing golf with a fused lower spine, those things go together like oil and water. playing golf is hard on someone with back issues. I played once a week average from the age of 10 till I had my spine fused at the age of 39. No one ever says "I used to have a bad back".

The fusion just takes away the extreme issues, you are not good as new. Pretty sure Tiger battles various levels of discomfort and stiffness on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. It has to effect his game. I tried playing after surgery, for a guy who shot in the low 80's, the extra back problems from playing golf were not worth it. All the meds and physical therapy help, but life after that operation is not a bowl of cherries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
What you wrote above may be true but it doesn't provide any evidence that Tiger is currently over-matched physically. His history of back issues may result in him being over-matched in the future.

Maybe I should have said he will never be as physically good as he once was, even without the father time factor. Tiger obviously used to have a very high level of fitness and athleticism for a golfer, so it could be 75% of Tiger still matches 100% physically of the average PGA tour golfer.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)