Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
thespaah

Two of them.....1981 Saratoga....My buddy and I were just killing it. We never bet Triples( as they were called then) but we had a just a few bucks to fart around with. We had doubles going so we decide to bet some triples.
We had 4-5-9 straight as well as boxed...
Mid stretch the 4 leads by a bunch... then the 5 by 3-4 lengths. then the 9 is third by the distance it would take to walk to Yaddo.....The 9 decides it no longer wishes to run and jumps the friggin hedge 50 yards from the wire.
We have no idea what this thing would have paid. All three were 5-1 and up.
Second one....During the days of the OTB Pick 4 on the saturday night racing from Roosevelt show..
I have the first three legs. We watch the race at my house on tv. My selection wins the 4th leg. The will pay was $1200...I am counting the cash. Stop right there pal...The judges put up an inquiry. My horse gets taken down for altering course in the stretch.. BYE BYE $1200.
The tv survived. I am not a destructive person and always think of the conseuqences. Besides, I was living at home and my mother would have found a weapon to hit me then my dad would have taken out his 7.62MM or 30.06 rifle and finished off the kid. That is why the tv came out unharmed. The only reason.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)