Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
It wasn't a bad beat - it just sucked:

Played a puny P6 ticket on the BrCup at GP (1999?) the year Cat Thief won the Classic.
It was literally a fix six style ticket...all singles until the Classic where I went a whopping 4 deep...singled Silic, Soaring Softly, Daylami, Anees (yes at 32-1) and Forestry (oops).
Never even got a call in the Classic...think I had Behrens, River Keen, Ecton Park maybe and some other sucker. I was only alive for five but it would have paid thousands and easily been the biggest score I ever had up to then.

What a letdown man...the Gods couldn't even give me a thrill for a few seconds (like the Captain Bodgit guys got in the Derby )...none of them even picked up their feet.
Did any of your 4 horses finish 2nd?

I know personally, when i'm alive for boatloads with a specific horse in the last leg, depending on situation, i might make an exa part wheel of some horses i'm scared of, over my big hit horse, that way if i get nailed for a fortune and the horse who does the nailing is someone i think has a shot, i might have a nice exacta for my troubles. But, it all depends on the situation and that determines if i make backup exas/tris or not.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)