Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #30
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
We used to go to River Downs every Labor Day weekend, when they ran all turf Labor Days, with the exception of the Cradle on dirt. The finale was always a 2 1/4 mile Starter race on the grass. We quit going in the early '90's, I had my 4th kid, etc, was just too difficult. There was this really good Dixieland band that roamed the apron and grandstand. Always had a good time. Went again in the summer of 2016. Disappointment was my thought. They charged me for a spot to watch simulcast racing. I was able to go outside for the live races, but the puny grandstand did not do it for me.
Love the Dixieland band! Been a while since I've been there on Labor Day weekend. I'm usually at the pool next door! Without adding on to what I've been griping about since they redid it, they just really took most of the life out of the place for a racing fan. At least in the old grandstand you had views from the top and could always find table space to work. Just jog a few steps down to the paddock. They have half the paddock closed off now before the race. So they screwed that up too. And the grandstand is a joke. They have dinky seating area with a canopy top. A canopy top! Then bleacher seats below in direct sun that nobody ever sits on. Downstairs is hemmed in by concrete columns with no table space and barely any tv's for simulcast. You get into the simulcast parlor and it seats 150 down from 750 and you can't even see an inch of the track. I do my running and make it work but they ruined the racing experience bigtime. If you don't reserve a seat the night before you will be relegated to standing all day on a weekend. It sucks. Plus same ghetto condition book and they slashed purses midway through the 1st meet! Yeah they love the racing fan!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)