Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #145
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Killer testimony:

It appears that Manafort and Trump mentioned what turned out to be Russian propaganda, i.e., false news. Maybe not too bright, but hardly illegal.

Has anyone in this circus made a semi-credible claim that the Russians actually affected the election? That the campaign committed a crime?

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017...ld-fear-video/
It would help the presidents case if he wasn't consistently tweeting out demonstrably false information (millions of illegal voters, Obama wiretapped me) and didn't cut his political teeth on a falsehood (Muslim, Nigerian Obama).

If the accusations of his campaign working with the Russians are false, he could also learn from his predecessor how to laugh off a ridiculous conspiracy theory without giving it added legs. His administration is doing a fairly decent job so far of appearing to have something to hide.

I personally don't believe there were any untoward contacts. I think the Russians wanted to damage Clinton as much as possible before she assumed office and were as shocked as anyone when Trump won.

But his "alternate facts" world only works with his dedicated supporters. They don't carry much weight outside that orbit and are, in fact, hurting his administration with everyone else.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)