Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
As Thaskalos is going to expand on this later, let me toss in my two cents worth.

First of all, nearly all players will go on losing streaks, sooner of later. In fact I'm on one now.
Step1. Is accepting the reality that losing streaks happen.

Step2. For me, a losing streak is a message to either play less, bet less,
or even take a total break from the game for a couple of weeks or more.

Secondly, a review of "Why?" you are playing the races, and "Who?" you are playing the races with, and possibly "Where?" you are playing the races, and "What?" races you are playing never hurts. Knowing the answers to those questions can put your play in perspective to other elements in life as well.
Step 2 was key.While I believe that playing relatively often keeps you sharp,it can lead to just going through the motions.I had to stop and get away from it for a minute.I was having half baked handicapping because of burnout and squandering the good handicapping I did do.I wasn't maximizing the races that were there for me.There were sequences of races I could have crushed because they were give me's.Taking just a few weeks off got my passion sparked back up and my mind focused.I had a great,patient,and winning Saturday this week.I had a prerace gameplan and executed.There were no surprises.I was at least in control of myself and was just odds shopping!

Appreciate your input man.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)