Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #14
shanta

I lost my bet

I lost my Derby win bet(I didn't wager the exotics). I wagered Great Hunter to win in the Derby.

When I saw the race setup consisting of
a) Stormello
b) Hard Spun
c) Liquidity
d) Nobiz
e) Curlin(whom I felt had almost no chance to win the race igonoring the hype. a 47-112 horse who TODAY would be facing a 1:10.4 PROJECTED PACE which I posted BEFORE the race ran here. I missed by a tick when it actually went 1:11.)

I felt these horses would go early fast enough (start to 6f mark) that the race WINNER would be other than early. When I bet off the pace types I have focused on the quick moving positional gainers between calls who are fast. That left me on
a) SS
b) Great Hunter
c) AGS

Tiago-slow ass horse
Circular Quay-just didnt look right at all which I stated in the war room the night previous(along with my losing selection)

I saw that last year Great Hunter defeated Street Sense and SS had defeated GH. I don't pay ANY attention to post positions and the like
(referring to GH and post 20). Could that have cost me here? ABSOLUTELY.

I wanted to bet the horse among the 2 that would be CLOSEST to the pace and that was GH. As it turned out he was ahead of SS early on but had nothing while SS went by and dazzled.

I saw the projected pace almost DEAD ON.
I saw the winning running style DEAD ON.
I picked the wrong horse and lost my win bet which for me was fairly sizeable.
I move on.
Congrats to EVERYONE who made bucks on the race!

That's it!
Richie
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)