Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 05:44 AM   #5
Hajck Hillstrom
Deftly Rated

Fair enough.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green
No more redboarding please. It is a gross violation of racetrack etiquette. Just don't do it. Cashing a significnt ticket is one of the great joys of life and yes it is alway better to do thing like this with others. However the satisfaction should come from within. If you want to be cajoled by the masses post the bets before the race and do not redboard.
I can respect your position. Redboarding can be annoying, but if I were to ask you "how you did you approach your Derby decisions, and what were your results," how would you answer the question? With silence? If you answer this question with a "yes" then I'm thinking the thread is not for you.

Redboarding, from where I sit, comes unsolicited. Discussion and perspective is more what I was looking for, but I wasn't looking to step on anyone's toes, and apparently, I have.

BTW, racetrack etiquette, according to Andy Beyer, allows one, should their score exceed 10% of their annual gross earnings, to jump up on the table and declare oneself "King of the World!" Now, I imagine that there are different renditions of this proclomation, and I was giving anyone that wanted to share that forum.

Personally, I revel in the good hits of others. A hearty "good on ya!" will often be accompanied by a slap on the back and the question "can I buy you a drink?" I guess I'm just a contrarian because this posture is exactly the opposite of what most racing fans display.

If I may ask, what is the definition of Redboarding? I can't seem to find an accurate one.

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck
Hajck Hillstrom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)