Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #54
boomman

Dominican/Curlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruddah
Curlin has handled every race with professionalism. If you have kept up with this field of horses, it's not true of most. Anything from cotton in their ears, to blinkers, to shadow rolls and being able to correct their drifting or shyness down the stretch.

Let's also remember, Domincan was scheduled to run in the $1M Arkansas Derby( as a 2nd or 3rd favorite), but pulled out only days before, to engage a supposed, (tougher?) group of competitors in the $750k Blue Grass? (as a long shot) Obviously, Darin Miller was correct in placing Dominican in the Blue Grass. In hindsight it seems it may have been called ducking Curlin. On a straight up bet, I wager Curlin places better than Dominican in the Ky Derby. (JMHO)
Bruddah: First of all, (and Richard Bauer knows I would hardly be classified as someone who needs to bet on bicycle races, LOL) I do want to make it clear that it wouldn't shock me if Curlin wins, I simply said the price will be too short for me to even consider betting him as I strongly feel that he will go off around 4x1 or less. And even though I made a large wager on Smarty Jones at that price, at this point in his career he had impressed me a lot more. I also have an answer for you on Dominican running at Keeneland. I know for a FACT that Darin ran him there because he is a POLYTRACK horse (now 3/3 over Poly). Why would he run him at OP when he has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he loves the "poly"? I was more than a little happy to get 8x1 on him! As for Derby Day, he might beat Curlin, but I agree with you on a dirt surface it's unlikely.....

Boomer

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)