Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #46
Cratos

What History Doesn;t Tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44
Curlin did not race at 2. No horse has won the Derby without racing at 2 since 1882.

Curlin has made just three starts. No horse with 3 or fewer starts has won the Deby since 1915.

He may be the race favorite or 2nd choice in the betting.

The best two posts in this thread about Curlin winning the KY Derby come from the posts of Bruddah and DirtTrack. They clearly understand that in horseracing, it is not what you think that can’t happen, but you what you think doesn't happen.

Before the 1973 KY Derby you would gotten good odds on betting that Secretariat wouldn’t run a sub-2 minute Derby and then again in 2003 that a New York state-bred wouldn’t stop the timer in one of the faster run derbies ever. If all that isn’t enough, then explain the wins by Smarty Jones and Giacomo. Yes I know everybody had their child’s college tuition bet on Smarty, yet he closed at 4-1 odds or better.

Curlin might not win the Derby, matter of fact he might not hit the board, but at this juncture he is one of my top two choices.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)