Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 08:03 AM   #4
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
And oddly enough Laurel is launching late on Saturday 12:50 for an I have no clue reason.
Maybe they're trying to find the optimum time slot with less conflict to other track's post times. It amazes me how tracks in NA have had so many conflicts with overlapping post times over the years, but I guess they are all self-centered. It takes a Triple Crown race to avoid that. The racing from Australia has had 4 tracks running pretty much seamlessly and with no conflicts, for years. It requires them to let Sky Racing coordinate it, which they all agree to - since they run the one or two day per week meets, I guess it makes financial sense for them to get as many fans tuned in as possible. Imagine that, doing something with the fans and players in mind.

Speaking of which, glad to see Ellis Park addressing the heat issue - good for the fans, good for the horses. I love that track and "local fair" kind of atmosphere, but they run hot weather dates, which is a drawback. And a second hat tip to the penny breakage they pay out now. Imagine that, doing something with the fans and players in mind.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement