Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #32
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
So I spent $300 on futures a few weeks ago, and I'm still alive to the Jags to win the AFC at 8-1 for $80. I thought it would give me a "free roll" to play a money line bet on the Pats in the AFC game. However, I didn't see this money line at Pats -400 to -500.

I don't see an effective way to use this as a hedge with the Pats in the AFC game. Thoughts? I'm tempted to put $100 on the Jags to win the Superbowl at 8-1 and just root for them.
I agree, probably not worth it to hedge in this situation. I don't think it's impossible for Jax. Coughlin has had the template to beat the Patriots in big games: rattle Brady with a fierce pass rush. Having said that, the list of QBs that the Jags have faced this year isn't the strongest. After Russell Wilson and Big Ben twice, the best QBs they've faced have been Jimmy G and Rivers. After that you have the Kizers, Stantons, TJ Yates and Tom Savages of the world.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)