Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: TimeformUS
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #73
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
Yes sir. Still will not be able to have several horses on same page without using the page space more efficiently. Yes what you said is better but far from good. Allowing the customer to customize the page with the data they want is a good start in my opinion. Much wasted space from what i have seen.
I know this is like a soft openiing but they seem not quite ready. That is they do not have all of Craig's numbers in there yet and to me that is most important. I hope i am wrong and that they will be rolling out solutions to what i consider obvious issues.
I don't think Craig has much control over these things, but i have faith.
I agree, if "what you see is what you get", then they will be cutting out many players from their potential client base. Serious users want to be able to "use" the data as they see fit, not just as it exists on the site. And, that doesn't mean printing it out and then having to mark it up with a pencil. Come on guys, this is 2013, we all have computers and we want to use them to get our own edge on the competition. As currently presented, that is not the case. I don't need someone to show me who "they" think is the best horse to bet, I want to determine that myself, by manipulating the data on my computer.

Maybe you guys don't want your customers to have the same capabilities that other data providers give them with their data files, their custom card options, etc.?

Maybe a few here will be satisfied with what you are currently offering, but many more of us will not. You'd be taking us backwards, into the past, not forward, into the future. Sure at first some might profit from this, but that will disappear as your client base increases, just like every other static method. Your ratings will become over bet and any potential profitability will disappear, just like the Beyers and Brisnet's Prime Power ratings.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement