Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 07:59 AM   #43
Prof.Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Having recently noticed this thread....would like to comment, if I may:

I wanted to keep prices ridiculously low on my software programs. That meant (since I don't program, personally) I had to find a programmer who didn't demand programmer's rates. Maybe a retired gentleman, etc.

I did find a guy who was self-taught, knew the basics...and would accept a couple hundred dollars every now and then deposited into his acct. He was NOT licensed or certified in anything, and was limited in knowledge of adding certain features. Turns out scratching horses was not in his repertoire.

What he was able to come up with--was a way to scratch horses by means of a scratch box. If the 5 and 8 were scratched, you just double click on 5 & 8 in the scratch box. Poof! Scratched!

If you happened to scratch the wrong number...you have to reload the file and begin again. Trust me..after having to reload files a few times--you (just as I did) learn to be careful and it isn't a problem at all.

No--it's not a perfect system, but it works fine with a little practice. Especially considering the extremely low prices I ask.

Anyone that wants to add HeadHawg's generous program---great! Go for it.

I and most other users rarely (if ever) have to reload due to scratching errors.

-NCG
It is quite easy to make unscratch ..... when scratching, alter horsename string with a marker. Example, add question mark character to end. Make your program load horses without that marker. Unscratch removes the marker.My program will list all horses in the scratch page with the currently scratched horses faded out.
Prof.Factor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement