Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #46
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
How about finding out exactly what the "Commingling Guest" portion is of the California takeout?

It's something like 8+% of t/o.

Please refer to my posts in the "Ritvo wants to lower takeout" thread. I realize the t/o is legit besides it's been included in t/o for years amounting to 100's of millions maybe even billions of $. I just don't understand why it can't be labeled clearly as a line item because apparently the CHRB staff probably also has no idea what or how it is distributed.

Btw, I have a gut feeling it's part of the t/o at every track since the blended t/o rate at most tracks is similar to California's (21% +/-). It's just that Cali racing is more transparent in their financial reporting compared to other jurisdictions as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

Also, I'm not or have ever questioned your integrity in your posts. I actually appreciate your candor.
Revenue numbers are in the CHRB report:

The on-track handle represents wagers at the host track. For FY 2015-16, on-track wagers accounted for 11.69 percent of the total handle. Off-track handle represents wagering at California simulcast locations and accounted for 23.04 percent of the total. Out-of-state handle represents commingled wagers from other US and international sites. Out-of-state wagers accounted for 34.89 percent of the total. Advance Deposit Wager (ADW) represents the handle generated through the four-licensed California ADW companies. The ADW handle accounted for 30.38 percent of the total.

I have some older figures for how takeout is divided from out of state sources and I'll see if I can find something more recent.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)