Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 09:19 AM   #49
clicknow

If you are into science, and not conspiracy theories, etc. then these are the sites that you should be reading at:

University of Chicago School of Medicine's handy FAQ style resource (esp. the comment section, that contains some summaries that are a bit less stale then the WHO sitreps).

John Hopkins University Live Tracker Map of the spread of the coronavirus

The CDC's Dedicated Coronavirus Resource

The WHO's Dedicated Coronavirus Resource

New England Journal of Medicine website about the transmission dynamics of the Wuhan coronavirus, which they're calling "NCIP", short for Novel Coronavirus– Infected Pneumonia

That is all. I will trust the world's best infectious disease experts over stuff I read from laypeople on the internet. (nor the propaganda put out by a communist government who is falling over itself to get this right, since it fell asleep on the SARS thing and is going to go overboard making sure they get this one right).

This is similar to SARS, but actually less deadly; except its more highly transmissible.****

And just as a reminder to myself, my Mom got H1N1 (!!!) back when there was a breakout, as an elderly person in late 80s, with other major health concerns, albeit 30 days in the hospital to make it thru.....I guess a testament to genes I may have inherited, I hope.........but emerged with COPD, which is not suprisiing given that she was a lifelong smoker. She is still alive and kickin' at several years into her 90s now. People do survive really bad viruses when they live where there is sanitation, good medical care, etc.

Last edited by clicknow; 01-30-2020 at 09:27 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)