Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #20
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

**AQUEDUCT CARD

***The lotto $1 straight superfecta:AQUEDUCT~Race-6 -->> 3-5-8-4

Lately been studying Pace--especially as it relates to Speed. I used to say I'm a speed handicapper--well pace is a function of speed. If you're a speed capper, such as myself...and pretty much ignore pace...as I did--you're only getting a piece of the puzzle, a narrow dimension.

Mainly I've started to become a disciple of Randy Giles--I'll post his link up later-- in case you want to find Randy. He has a little program called "Pace Lab"....that you can use to isolate some of his particular pace situations. One of his ideas is something he calls PACE PRESSURE GAUGE
That is a perfect name for it, too. Gauging the amount of pace pressure--it's just that.
Naturally, I figured a real quick "gauge"....it's absolutely fascinating, this subject. I mentioned I have a little software program I had a programmer make up for me...based on something I had noticed long ago---an amazing amount of winners showed early speed (within 2.5 lengths of the lead--1st call) within their last 2 races. So my little program ONLY shows-- position and lengths--of the e-1 calls of a horses last 2 races. Also, it shows the Bris pace figs--all 3 calls--of a horses very last race. That's all I want to see--THE LAST RACE.
Purists will say "Oh no, I've got to go back half a dozen races" --well that's all good and well, but I don't need more than the last race. Furthermore, I don't even had the final speed rating--don't need it. It shows Trainer-Jockey W% and days since last race.
What I've done on paper---and what I hope my programmer can do for me..out of just that limited info--I've devised a "speed gauge". Now, I added my own version of "Pace Pressure"--still on paper--need to get that added to my program, as well.

What this tells me is--whether this particular race is PACE-BIASED against EARLY or LATE. This is where my speed gauge shines--if the race is extremely biased against LATE...my speed gauge totals will tell me if there is a speed stand-out. Today's 5th race @ Delta...there was such a stand-out--#3 PRINCE ART. Yes, he scored at a huge price for me. I used this method and nothing else--and hit the pick-4 in the RDSS contest, also yesterday.

You really ought to check Giles out..in his video turorials--he has this Texas Twang, sorta like Raybo sounds in his videos--he's not flashy or flambouyant-I like that about him also.

Anyway if you don't know about pace pressure, bias, etc...you really need to.
It will bring your capping to another level, trust me.

http://www.paceappraiser.com

Here's what I have for Aqueduct today---I use Quirin to figure pace pressure--and my own software as I mentioned. When I've found what I think is an extreme bias--I'll note it.

***AQUEDUCT

--1ST MIDNITE TRACE 5-1 W HUNTER'S STRIKE

--3RD --EXTREME EARLY BIAS-- ESKENDULCE 6-1 W COLLINS SMILE & DAD'Z LAUGH

--4TH ALEANDAR 2-1 W GANADOR & REAL EASTATE RICH

--5TH LIANA STAR 4-1

--6TH EXTREME LATE BIAS CAPTAIN TOEWS 15-1 W
YAKOV & KOWBOY BOOTS

--7TH ENTRY 1-1A 4-1 ML ❇ best bet

--8TH EIGHTY THREE 5/2 W ANGRY MOON

--9TH EXTREME EARLY BIAS BONITA LUNA 5/2 W IS SHE HOT & AMULAY

We'll see how this goes today....I know I haven't perfected anything, or reinvented pace analysis. It's a lot of fun trying, though BTW....read the e-book "Extreme Pace" by Randy Giles--it's 10 bucks. Do not consider the Pace Lab--until you've read this.

have a good day

-NCG

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 02-28-2016 at 09:39 AM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)