Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
caper

I like p4's. I'll tell you what I like about playing Australian p4's. If you are a smaller bettor you can hit the odd 2k+ p4 by taking a pool shot. Some tracks have a lot of big fields. If you can find some resources you can often find a single and some leads to some long shots. Last night I played 2 pick 4's. One for $7.2 which returned $129 and one I spent $36 and it wasn't hit, paid 3 of 4 so I had $54 four times for $216.

But how about this for a story. The night before I played a 60 cent p4 that I believe cost $28.8. There was an "absolute sure winner" in the third leg. I was trying to buy the ticket on my phone. My Iphone 4s kept crashing, it was driving me nuts. I managed to get my ticket in. This was my ticket.

PINJARRA, Race 3, $0.60 PK4 4,8-12 / 1,9 / 12 / 4-7

So my first winner hit's 9-1, second one hits 8-5 favorite. Now the third leg is the "sure winner", then I get to count my money. But I had made a mistake that I didn't notice until the next day. The "sure thing" the horse, who was 1/5 didn't do a god damned thing. NOTHING. I shut it down and go to bed. Wake up the next day and there is $almost $1200 in my account. I'm like WTF. It turns out I singled the instead of the in the 3rd leg. I have no idea now how this happened. The was 20-1. The favorite won the next race. The
caper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement