Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 09:38 AM   #902
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle View Post
This is where you don't make any sense to me...

You think I'm "dead wrong" but I'm literally using a real time example of another track to forecast what happens to Monmouth. Basically Monmouth is early 2000's Suffolk. That the track is in a highly developed area with big land values. That as they race less and less and land prices increase eventually racing becomes unsustainable and the track is developed.

Meanwhile your theory is they finally get slots after literally trying to get them for 20-30 years and not only do they get them but they're successful even though a track with slots exists 90 miles away (Delaware Park) who is on the cusp of ending racing because the slot money isn't enough.

But I'm dead wrong?

You also kind of contradict yourself. Any race track executive will tell you horseman leaving is a canary in the coal mine. Horseman are creatures of habit. Changing your circuit is a big deal because you can't plug in horses into spots like they're objects. You've got to have the right stock to race places. The right type of horses who fit the right type of conditions. That's why its so rare for a guy to show up at a meet for the first time and win a lot. That's why even good trainers often struggle at new circuits. So these guys leaving is HUGE deal. It's not like if things get fixed they just show back up. They make significant investments to change circuits.

So while your top line fantasy is "everything will be ok" even when you explain the landscape there's cracks in your facade.
Before you post it is always easier to make yourself look like a new dill pickle and not a sour pickle by doing a little bit of research on what gaming types are controlled by the State Constitution and which aren't.. VLTs are not slots so lets get you straight on that item first, they are controlled by the State Lottery Commission. As far as comparing Suffolk to MP you are entitled to your opinion and if indeed it comes to fruition then I will be the first to tell you to buy a Toll Brothers home on that coveted site. Have a nice Easter!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)