Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 12:59 AM   #215
proximity

day 6b (fri): don't do it proximity.....

ok poker fans we're back in las vegas where it starts raining again just as I exit the Bellagio. it's sad that our poker tour has gotten to the point where $48 and $9 wins are considered a good night, but it's been a good night of poker. it's still early though and my only Friday night on this vegas trip and I KNOW not to do it but I duck inside the Cromwell and when I exit the other side there's the pink bird staring me right in the face.

i'm really going to lose in 2/4 company at the flamingo..... AGAIN??

uh huh...

it's a brand new game against a table of neophytes and of course I draw the big blind. I check the option with my 42 off and bet out on a beautiful flop of Q 2 2!!

turn: queen.

with A8s on the button I limp behind the whole table and the small blind raises. we all call and a flop of AK3 checks to me. I bet and bet again when a third heart (7) comes on the turn. another king comes on the river and I check behind the field.

small blind: A9.

yes, the villain raised the small blind with an A9 and check-called the entire way.

T5 off (big blind) flops a dime for top pair and turns a nickel for two pair. but the nickel's a heart and when another heart falls on the river I lose to a flush. business as usual here at the pink bird.

with A9s on the button I limp behind the field. the small blind raises.... again.... this time with KJ off and flops a straight. of course I flop a four flush and the board bricks out. two hands later the guy picks up and moves tables despite just paying the blinds.

with AT off a kid with KT bets out on a flop of AK9. maybe i'm getting tired because I don't raise him like I did the Russian at the Bellagio? no matter, king on the turn.

with T8 in the big blind I see a flop of t98. blank on the turn. nine on the river. villain..... 98.

I miss yet another flush draw with A9s and under the gun I raise KQs. five players call this raise and the big blind re-raises!! I call and the guy beside me folds!!!! THAT'S RIGHT.... HE COLD CALLED A RAISE SECOND TO ACT AND THEN FOLDED FOR ONE MORE BET!!

75 off suit wins the hand!!

A7s sees a beautiful flop of AQ7..... but J3 suited turns a flush. no help on the river (of course).

TWO HOURS AND THIRTY MINUTES into the game KT flops a king from the big blind...... and holds on for my first win of the game!!

(just) before the sun comes up I rally back to "only" lose $51 for the game.

thank you for reading.

quest n/a (+373)
poker
--flamingo -51
----trip -177 (4-7)

Last edited by proximity; 08-21-2017 at 01:02 AM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)