Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: CLARK HANDICAP
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 12:56 PM   #10
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
The only time Maxfield was ever underrated was as a 2yo based on his odds in his two starts.

Afterwards, he started higher than 2-1 odds only one time (2.10-1 to be exact) and he lost that race.
When I said he was underrated, I wasn’t talking about the general public. That’s who tended to overrate him a bit. I was taking about handicappers that were constantly trying to beat him since fairly early in his career as if he was some kind of overhyped dud. IMO he was a very good horse and that was pretty clear early on. There were spots to take a shot against him (and I did), but he wasn’t a horse I looked forward to betting against. My point was that he was somewhere between the hype and anti-hype. I didn’t bet on or against him yesterday. I thought he was better than MB, but at 6/5 I didn’t want either of them given MB had the clear tactical advantage. I thought he ran quite well yesterday.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-27-2021 at 01:02 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)