Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Lukas Classic
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 05:40 PM   #8
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
I think Happy Saver gets over the hump today.
He won his first five races, then ran 3rd, and has now finished 2nd five times in a row behind the likes of Maxfield (who never lost at CD) Olympiad, Life Is Good & Flightline.
Those last three are the best older males in the country, and I think he handles this group today.
Should sit just off Hot Rod & Art Collector and will get first move on the Derby winner.
Price won't be great, but I'll single him in multis and hope to make some money.

Who ya' got?
Splat!

Man just doesn't wanna win - got the trip I imagined and couldn't mount any kind of rally.
In retrospect, he's a suck up type horse that's been picking up checks in big races. The Met Mile is a perfect example. Speakers Corner wasted himself trying to take it to Flightline, and Happy Saver sucked up for 2nd.

Hot Rod is a brawler though - i like him.
Hopefully Rich Strike will be pointed to the Clark instead of the Classic at Kee.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)