Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 05:26 PM   #4
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Why $3?

I guess to boost the payout and/or pool but some people wouldn't like to have an expensive ticket
The higher the betting denomination the less likely the casual player just happens to have a winning price horse. When you are talking 50 cent pick 3 and a 12-1 wins, a player that spreads a lot likely hits the horse even if he did not like it very much. You are not rewarded for keying in some fashion that 12-1. But at a $3 betting denomination a small bettor going 5x6x7 over 3 races is going to have to come up with $630 (vs $105 on a 50 cent pick 3). The typical player is not going to outlay that kind of money and will miss a lot of these price horses they are currently connecting on. Thus the reason many horse players say they cannot get scores anymore in this game. If I recall correctly, I think when the pick 3 was introduced, it was a $3 minimum. This is a nice little step in the right direction. Bottom line is you get more value out of your value horses as the $ minimum goes up. Smaller players tend to focus more on the obvious(top 3 favorites, obvious singles......) out of necessity(to keep their play within budget).
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)