Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #334
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
So, Lambo is right. Spend enough money and you can become SuperTote - hitting the tote system for the absolute newest data available.
Many of you don't like to hear this but they do it with better handicapping and wagering processes.
But they do not do it unfairly.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Ok, I accept that there is some tote api to which I don't have access, though seems like I could if I'm willing to pay. That said, take it away and just have the teams access the odds via scraping ADWs and the person who feels he's being killed by late odds changes will be in the same position - that is, the direct tote access IS NOT the reason that person can't compete. Said differently, if he could get access, it's not going to magically make him a better player.

Your last point sums up my frustration with the constant complaining - those large teams are not winning unfairly. They're just better.

Separately, I don't think this is that hard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
1. Actual money wagered on each ticket in Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Quinellas, and Daily Doubles.

2. Jockey changes in close to real time, based upon availability. (As soon as they are made available by the track.)

3. Track Condition updates. Same as above... based upon when they are made available by the track.

(We can all get the above information in many places. It simply isn't easily accessible.)
I've managed to pull all this data in real time such that I can run a completely automated system. It uses just Twin Spires data for the real time portion and converts some fields to their respective DRF/Equibase values from which I get historical data. So I guess it depends what you mean by "simply isn't easily accessible". Does it require work? Yes. Does it require so much work that only syndicates can do it? No. That said, I do wish that a vendor who sells historical data would also provide an API for all the entry/change/pool info which matches with the historical data (jockey names, horse names, surface condition, etc). And something that accurately counts down the time to post <----the biggest missing item
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most