Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #45
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
Take the human component, opinions, money, preferences, etc. out of the equation and I think you just nailed it.

There are enough omni-surface runners that have convinced me that what you say is true.

I personally buy real sheepskin slippers, and real wool or cotton fabrics to wear, eat veggies I grow myself, and have real-wood decking and fencing, is that mother nature knows best.

However, modern materials have their place, and there are just too many instances where I would defer to the newer modern high-tech "fake" stuff --- teflon, ripstock nylon, polymers, ceramics, alloys, polys, etc. Goretex rocks!

Whether or not "fake" has a place in racing is yet to be determined, IMHO.

Scientifically, nobody has proved anything beyond the shadow of a doubt about racing surfaces, as the fake is too new to have collected enough data, and ditto truly reliable and scientific statistics/data on all 3 surfaces. If you put together a real crack team of talented scientists who had NO conflicts of interest, and enough real data to even start a real study, I think we might get somewhere.

Anyone who says they have the answers without a bullet proof SERIES of studies (which will take a long time) is just groping in the dark, in terms of real science.
Take the human component out of it??Then mention every facet of things down to your slippers to back it up??!!!My my how we have transcended the prototypical reality!!

Having a 3rd surface for the last couple of years has definitely muddled reality.Once upon a time wondering wether turf to dirt and vice versa was the big mystery.Now you have 3 surfaces to equate.I don't know about you but for this kid it led to not betting or betting less.Most of the Juvenile races were a joke because of this.I love to bet,so if I am any indication,my hesitance means less is being bet on these races.It's hard to say whose form will transfer over.Betting is difficult enough.You wonder about surface transfers and it's a throw the hands up in the air "Whatever" proposition.If every race is apples to oranges,then I can see where being esoteric is a virtue.But it's tenuous.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)