Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 01:34 PM   #27
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FAST AND WIN View Post
This is only my second post here but i created this account awhile back(before the join date, took a long time to get "verified"), i state this to assure anyone that i did not join this forum with the intention of attacking Vic or anyone else individually on here but i decided to finally post because i feel Vic needs to be called out here.

First off i was a fan of your race calls vic and appreciate your passion for the sport but do not appreciate what you're doing here on more than one front. The first being your "fee", is this so you can freeroll some handicapping tournaments this year and also freeroll a stake in horse ownership? You say your "own" skin in the game, well howbout you put up 35k of your own actual money out of your pocket upfront as opposed to 35k you plan on getting from investors? After all you've been in the industry and look at yourself as some great handicapper/horseplayer, surely you got 35k of your own to invest that won't matter much if you lose it right?

My second gripe with this is your choice of trainer. It's blatantly obvious and has been for a long time now he's a cheat, how many times has he been popped? That much is factual evidence but wasn't he also accused of or caught at the track a few years back that you were just fired from of taking horses off the grounds shortly before they were gonna run and bringing them back? No surprise he also runs a string at a cesspool like Turf Paradise where others like Justin Evans and Marcus Vitali are allowed to continue to operate despite what they've done amongst all the other crap that is allowed to continue to go on in racing at that track and in that state overall.

You're a well known public figure in the game and should be a ambassador and trying to help a sport that sadly needs help more than words can describe! Your idea overall could be good but instead imo it looks like you're looking for a freeroll and to line your own pockets and on top of it you wanna employ a guy as a trainer who like many others(many are a bigger, more well known name than him) in his profession needs to be thrown out permanently although unfortunately that will probaly never materialize
The commission I'm receiving is a fraction of what many other syndicates charge.

I have a skill set which I think is marketable.

There are many well known, much more famous public figures, who make a damn site more money than I do who generate income to feed their families.

This venture will take a great deal of time, expertise and effort. You want me to do it for free because I've had some success in handicapping tournaments?

Ask your stock broker to stop charging commissions because he's been successful in the past. Let me know how that goes.

As for choosing Robertino Diodoro.

He's the leading trainer at Oaklawn and his license is in good standing.

My goal is to be successful and hopefully members will enjoy the action and interaction.

If you or anyone else don't like my choice of trainer you don't have to join.

You waited all this time to tell me who I am and how YOU think I should proceed with the rest of my life.

I appreciate the input.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.