Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #14
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Jimmy, you've not offended me. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

I thought I made it pretty clear that I was speaking for myself. Did I not?

But I must admit that I am confused. Are you saying that you are in favor of or alright with them not playing the anthem so that some people would not be offended?

Dave
Like I said, after the day I had, spending most of it at the Jamaica Plain hospital, reading the big ego of the mountains post, and getting to this part of your post "I am sure that most veterans (myself included) would say that "protest" is a valid way to stand for a cause" I took this to mean you validated Kapernicks protest. I was corrected by Dan and JMS and apologize.

I never said it was okay not to play the anthem, that was from the mountain mouth, not me. Quite the contrary. We, us, you, anyone that served in the military is owed the courtesy of standing during it's playing. Protesting anything while it is behing played dishonors us.

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America, and to that puke Kapernick, for an amount of "up to and including THEIR LIVES, Our lives"

He owes us.

Last edited by jimmyb; 08-22-2017 at 08:13 PM.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.