Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
fmolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Imo it depends on the daily handle average. Example: Meadowlands harness meet at its peak can see a chalk actually rise in odds, as other action against comes in, whereas a small track with limited handle can take an early $50 wager and place a horse at 1-9, then the bandwagon effect begins. I always watch the late money, and get down at last minute if betting trackside, in order to watch trends in handle on the particular race. The size of the pool is the key imo.
I think the trend nowadays is to put your bets in very slowly if its the stable.I have seen what somelese was talking about very often the bandwagon effect.Some whales have computer programs that bet for them at the lastr possible second so this cannot happen.My favorite t bred tote angle is .....a precipitious at the first click after betting opens..a steady rise in the odds till just before post when another drop occurs....
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement