Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM   #66
AndyC

This trip down memory lane certainly reminds me that I am getting old.

Caliente - the only reason to go there was to bet at their foreign book

Pomona/Fairplex -Only went there a few times. The meet was sandwiched between the Del Mar and Oak Tree meetings so it was a good meet to avoid to get some R & R.

Hollywood Park - For some reason HP was my best track for betting. Loved the Friday night racing.

Bay Meadows - Loved the Friday night racing there, too.

Longacres - Only went there 1 day, closing day for the track. It seemed like it was about an hour and a half between races but all-in-all probably one of the funnest days I have spent at a racetrack.

Santa Fe Downs - My brother was getting married in Albuquerque so couldn't resist the temptation to drive up to Santa Fe.

Centennial - Was able stop there while on on a post-college graduation trip. Don't remember much other than drinking great quantities of beer.

Aksarben - Been to Nebraska many times visiting in-laws. Probably the nicest most pleasant people I have ever experienced working at a racetrack. The tellers would thank me every time I made a bet.

Lincoln Race Course - Learned here that a racing form was worthless. Just follow the tote.

The Woodlands - Can't say anything memorable about this track.

Jefferson Downs - a second track visited on my post-college graduation trip. Can remember a 2 hour delay in racing due to a big thunderstorm that I thought would surely cancel the card. A very social atmosphere where betting horses seemed secondary.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)