Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #5
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
... A month ago, I got a bill in the mail from some company that had bought one of these CC bills for probably less then a dollar. The letter said that I owed them $4000, but they would today only allow me to settle for $3500. They pointed out that this not be reported to the Credit Reporting Companies, like TransUnion.
The gist of this is I could give them $3500, that I didn't owe them and I wouldn't even get a positive bump in my credit reports. After much hand wringing, I elected to ignore this bill. Somehow I'm able to sleep soundly after ignoring this generous offer.
Good one. The thing is that in some states you have to be careful about "zombie" debt, as it can reset the clock on the 7 years to accept their offer or even agree to negotiate. Not responding is a good choice, or responding by telling them they do not have a legitimate claim and you'll report them to the state attorney general's office if they persist in bothering you is another.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)