Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 08:34 AM   #5374
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

A friend on this board, who's handle is "coachT" did a 1 month study on the 1,2,3 METHOD & the BEST-3 METHOD/spot plays...which appear on the BEST-5 program

He tracked those two plays with some interesting results. I wrote up a piece on the results--but now can't find the sum'bitch on my comp. I'll post it when it turns up.

The winningest track for both plays came from Delta with huge positive results. What brought this study on was we wondered if both methods agreed on the same horse--did that make the selection more likely to win? The answer? A resounding NO--it did not.

The 1-2-3 method, in this short testing period proved more profitable that the Best 3. Keep in mind this is completely mechanical, with both showing anywhere from 3 to 7 picks per track.

There is no mechanical method that can produce a profit-long haul. Unless it selects 1 or 2 a month. If there is such a thing...a mechanical method with picks everyday, that shows an overall profit, the person that has it ain't telling. I wouldn't either--nor would you.
Aqueduct had 45% winners--but didn't show a profit. Other tracks such as FGX & MVR (43%), GGF (42%), Sunland (48%) and a few others--eeked out small profits. More testing would surely erase any gains. I use some of these selections for horizontals, or add to Supers, etc.

So the next time you see an ad for a mechanical method, be it software or P&P--promising easy money blah blah-just remember there is no getting around actual user handicapping.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 02-27-2019 at 08:37 AM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)