Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #19
lansdale

Zeljko

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Found another podcast with Ziemba. It's a very similar style of podcast, and he covers some of the same stuff. However, most interesting bit is that he mentions a horse betting syndicate that was wagering $1.2 billion per year and making 15%. That's a cool $180 million/year. From context sounds like they did this in ~2010 with 80 employees. Says they now have ~300 people. He mentions it @ 13:35. Pretty sure he later confirms that this is Zeljko (sp?).

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1d6DOZmtzc

F'ing crazy...
Hi Jerry,

Thx. for posting these. If you're interested in Zjelko Ranogajec, below I've posted a link to a fairly recent piece -- unfortunately vacuous and splashy, but with a few relevant details that confirm what I've heard -- that his model doesn't break even -- the rebate gets him into the black. This is what I heard when he busted the Tasmanian tote ca. a decade back. His rebate seems to have expanded along with the size of his business (although not classified as one in AU!) -- it's now a bit over 20%. A notoriously secretive guy, he's fame is relatively recent, although he's been doing this for 35 years -- he started in Hong Kong as a member of Alan Woods' (pre-Benter) team in the '80s. Although said to be a math genius, it seems that his most valuable skill set ( as with Don Johnson) is negotiating killer rebates with gaming establishments.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-gambler.html
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)