Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 10:46 AM   #43
how cliche
How Cliche

was overdue for some run bad after posting the best month, september, of live poker lifetime. 75 an hour x 80 hours is laughed at by pros, but for this hobbyist it's a milestone.

first 6 hours of october are in. -165 an hour. took a shot playing 2/5 no limit and got v unlucky. of course it was minutes before i told myself it was time to go. if it's not a tournament there's a six hour cap. treaded water around even for a long while til this happened to my big blind.

1020 effective. there was a limper utg1, mp raised to 25, button called, i defended w j9 hearts, utg1 called to finish the action pre.

four ways and it's 100 to the dream flop. 10-8-7 w one heart/rainbow. nut straight w back door hearts. figured that someone would bet the flop four ways. thought it therefore best to play it as a check raise, hoping to get stacks in right then. me as well as utg1 checked. opener bet 45. button raised to 150. i 3 bet to 450. utg1 folded. opener called, which made him all in. button 4 bet shoved and had me covered. opener had 88. button had 77. turn was clean. river paired the 10 and i lost 1k.

questioned whether it should've been a 3 bet shove for 995 on that flop, but really it's a standard spot played in the most ordinary of ways. writing and kvetching cuz i still haven't learned to deal w losing well enough.
how cliche is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.