Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Husker Rumor
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #47
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Very satisfying to know that Scott Frost will be the next coach at Nebraska.

Especially after 10+ years of jabs from the media that we are a dead program, including some in this very thread.

We'll likely never get back to our run in the early/mid-90s, but I'd love to get back to our mid-70s/80s in which we won some conference titles and were a tough out for just about anybody.
I am very happy to see that Frost was chosen to be the next head coach at Nebraska. Expectations have always been high at Nebraska, which is totally understandable given the high bar set by excellent coaches Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne. That is probably about the best 35-year run ever in college football. Since that time, Nebraska has made some questionable coaching hires; Solich (well, he was actually pretty good for a while), Callahan, Pellini and Riley. Riley was a good guy and the anti-Pellini, but he had never really done anything exceptional as a coach. Expectations will be high for Frost as well, but the fan base will likely give him some time to shine given who he is, where the program is, and the coaches that have been there between he and Osborne. I will be rooting for his success. He seems like a good coach, a great person, and he embodies the Husker spirit. It must be a great day to be a Husker!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)