Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 11:41 AM   #97
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I may make a play in that race, but I'm not salivating to key against Princess Noor. The gap is just so huge I can take a stab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I think my posts before the BC are pretty clear.

1. I thought "the wise guys" were underestimating Princess Noor's chances of jumping up a lot (she did not), but I was probably going to play against her anyway at the price because of the large figure gap.

2. The only horses I mentioned positively were Vekoma and Dayoutotheoffice with a preferences for Vekoma turning the tables. I explained why. I also said I didn't like Simply Ravishing as much and explained why.

Maybe my post after the race was in poor taste, but it was a kind of momentary expression of joy to people I've known here for a long time. From now on I'll just count the money privately.

This is the exact reason I don't post selections very often. I don't get paid to be a public handicapper and spell it all out and I don't want to deal with the nonsense.

I'm not trying to hedge anything. IMO, there are no right answers.

In the same way I thought the "wise guys" were underestimating the probability of PN jumping up a lot in the Juvenile (and I still do even though she did not), I think they are still underestimating her ability to get a lot better now. It's not a YES or NO answer. Even after the fact it's a probability problem that's part of deciding whether to make a bet.

I can't even tell you what the probability is. But when people that bet against her in BC are acting like it was a foregone conclusion that she had little chance going into the BC because she was slower, I disagree.

Those are the same people that whine whenever a slower Baffert or Cox horse jumps up to beat them at a decent price instead of building it into their odds line properly and maybe using some of them.

If PN loses her next start, Baffert makes up an excuse, and retires her, I will still disagree about the probabilities.
Yeah it was crystal clear.

I think you don’t have strong opinions and like to cover all bases because you don’t like being wrong and have a hard time admitting when you are. You’re basically saying, regardless of how Princess Noor’s career shakes out, you are right.

Again, I just find it all funny. You were vague before, you picked and chose what parts of your post you’d highlight to show you “crushed it” and now you’re being vague after. You’ve moved on to probabilities, while saying you can’t even tell what the probability is. It’s a lot of words, without actually having to have an opinion. Whatever.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)