Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Contest sites
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #42
Si2see

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I will have to check it out, Vegas is super easy for me.

so far I am 4-2 but most have been head to head pick and pray style which probably wont work long term.

Without trying to sound like an A-hole I don't waste time with the head to head games, that is way too much of a grinding it out style for me.

If you have the time during the week days ( which I don't unfortunately ), use that same buy in money to play in as many cheap qualifiers for the high buy in weekend games, basically Chris Moneymaker style back in the poker days.

I normally just buy in to the weekend game directly for whatever tournament I am trying to qualify for ( typically the next on the schedule that I can make it to )

Like I mentioned before if you qualify for an entry rest assured everything is handled when you walk up to register at the live event. Horse tourneys takes care of all of that for you, and normally the hotel staff will even email you to let you know about discounted rates during the tournament if you don't have comps to take care of it.

Also speaking of comps and the live vegas tournaments themselves, they make their money on the handle wagered through their windows during that weekend. That is why some of the future Boyd Gaming tournaments are in jeopardy because even with participation being down, that hurts them more because money through the windows is down also. Keep in mind when you play through their tellers always make sure to have them swipe your card with each and every wager. Typically when I stayed at the hotel the tournament was being held I always got at least Saturday night comped because of my action, sometimes 2 or 3 days comped.

Good luck let me know if you have any questions.
Jason
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement