Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #6
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Thats always the tough part about next out winners, as you point out there already has been good form from that race, but in context Gunmetal Gray caught a week field perfect setup and slow time, and I thought Mind Control had a pretty easy trip and not sure he beat anything. I dont remember the KYJC race.

I guess whats scary is if the race was that good how special could Game Winner be because he was dominant.
It is scary because despite winning clear, Game Winner looked like he labored to hit the front. Granted he caught a wide trip and at one point on the far turn was forced out and lost a bit of ground, but Rosario had to really get after him to get him in gear. His stride is unappealing--head low, legs all over the place--and Candy Ride is a bit notorious for physical problems.

And all this to catch Knicks Go? A colt that was 70-1 in his previous start and was absolutely buried (in the slop) in his next start.

I agree with your evaluation of those "next out" races, too. It's become a cliche on racing message boards, but I might join the "it's a weak crop" convention this year...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)