Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 02:43 PM   #6
senortout

finding more positive things re: claiming horses

I thank you guys for your thoughtful replies. You've all attempted to answer my questions. A few other questions are now in my 'crannie'.

1. A claiming trainer who reclaims a lot of horse but has a very low success-rate with these claims...is he doing it because his owners have horses which they treat as 'pets'? Or does he spend time discussing with his owners some good, solid reasons for NOT reclaiming ie the pros and cons. Perhaps he earns a portion of his profits from the fees he charges his uninformed customers...they don't know/care about the expenses involved in caring for the animals?

2. Is the informed opinion of some jockey(s) having much input in the claiming decision? Bluntly, does the rider know without doubt that the horse was never persevered with in recent start(s) and why the lack of effort occurred.
3. Which brings up injury rates and death rates at the track (Parx) involved. Are they more directly tied to running unfit horses in an effort to prevent breakdowns, or, rather, are they a product of running fit horses in a rotating fashion...bluntly, you win this race at a nice(er) price and I'll win the next at an even NICE(ER) price. Is chicanery involved? Of course it is, there's always some, but how much is the question here.
4. In most cases, when I choose a horse to bet on, if he does well, the horses I considered his main adversaries turn out to be the ones I dismissed in the late stages of making the decision. I guess you've guessed by now I don't play exotics.
5. A few questions back I'd mentioned injury and death rates at Parx, and, since I don't know that they are particularly high, they have certainly not been in the headlines lately like some bigger tracks which I won't have to mention today.
senortout is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.