Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #73
o_crunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
You know I respect your opinions greatly because you know the numbers better than the Industry does. In this case since the pool was only 50K I'd imagine it wouldn't be something that the biggest players would jump into. Maybe I'm wrong but it feels like there is more uninformed money in the pools. Never would have happened in Ca with those numbers IMO.
It's more than just the pool size. It's also the combinations.

You mention SoCal. Well, sans BC, there was only *one* pick5 sequence last year at DMR and SA where there were as many combinations as this sequence at OP on Sunday.

One! Out of 200 plus race days.

The average number of runners in a SoCal pick 5 sequence is 36. That combined with an average pool size that is literally 10x that of OP.

Is it dumb money at OP? I don't think, sans massive big TC and BC days, there is "dumb" money left in racing. OP is just not that popular a signal, which is strange because they have great field size and a single surface which is conducive to modeling. OP is closer to GG at the per betting interest level than it is to say TAM or even MTH. I don't think that signals "dumb" money so much as it signals no money or more opportunity for less efficient pools. I sure wish it was offered on exchange b/c contrarian views are rewarded in instances where field size is high.
o_crunk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most